Smoke Jumpers XVII
May 9-11, 2018 | LondonHouse Chicago
Smoke Jumpers is a share-group comprised of senior retail and foodservice personnel from top CPG companies.
What to Know for the Meeting
Answers to Your FAQ
- We’re finalizing the agenda and event details. Keep an eye on your email for more information or check back here, as we will continue to update this page.
- Registration closes Thursday, April 26.
- You can view the past attendee list and past presentations.
- We encourage all trade management professionals to join us, whether you’re a customer or not.
- There is no registration fee. Attendees are responsible for expenses associated with their own accommodations. We hope you don’t need to cancel your registration, but if you do, please let us know by April 30. Should you cancel after April 30, a $500 cancellation fee will be charged.
Reserve your room at the stunning LondonHouse Chicago, a one-of-a-kind property where Chicago began, on Michigan Avenue and Wacker Drive. To receive the group rate, reserve your room by April 9.
Room rate: $249/night
Reservations can be made online or by phone 1-800-445-8667 (mention group code “SMO”)
Address: 85 E Upper Wacker Dr, Chicago IL
Welcome Reception | 5.9
Whether this is your first event or you never miss a meeting, join us to kick off Smoke Jumpers VXII with fun, food and networking. Meet us at the LondonHouse terrace, Etoile.
Strategic Sessions | 5.10
Meet us in the Juliette Room at the LondonHouse for a full day of trade management best practices, trends and insights. After the sessions, we’ll head over to AceBounce to eat, play and talk.
Cubs Game | 5.11
Root for the home team! This year, at our annual Wrigley Rooftop event, the Cubs take on the White Sox, Friday at 1:20 PM. Make sure you register because spots fill up quickly.
The NPD Group
WARREN SOLOCHEK, President – Foodservice Practice
Optimizing New Product Volume Forecasting
The foodservice marketplace is growing very slowly, yet many companies depend on new products for revenue growth. Operators and their customers continue to seek out new and interesting foods and beverages in both commercial restaurants and non-commercial outlets. As an industry, how do we optimize the opportunity for new products and limit investment in products that will not be successful? The NPD Group’s Warren Solochek, President – Foodservice Practice, will share a multi-step optimization process to help with go/no-go decisions.
May 10th Strategic Topic: GPO Data Transparency
Presented by John Davie, CEO - Dining Alliance
Come listen to John Davie talk about a truly innovative approach to the GPO / manufacturer relationship – one focused on transparency. John will walk you through the initiatives Dining Alliance has in place to share and monitor data.
Images from #SJXVI2017
View photos from our fall session at the Chicago Athletic Association and networking venues.