2016 was another banner year for Blacksmith Applications and we couldn’t be more excited about the future! We continued to grow our business and increase value for our customers. Highlights from 2016 include:
• We attained double digit growth for both revenue and earnings.
• The company successfully completed several major projects including the consolidation of Kraft and Heinz, enterprise expansion with Nestle and implementation of our application with a range of customers including Pilgrim’s Pride, Nathan’s Famous and Brakebush Brothers.
• Our efforts secured business with a host of fantastic new accounts including Unilever, Smithfield/Farmland, Ventura Foods, Ken’s Foods and Perdue Farms.
• The team continued to bolster our competitive advantages, leading to the replacement of dated and ordinary technology with several market leaders.
• Through the pursuit of innovation, we increased the value gap between our application and ordinary alternatives. We head into 2017 with new capabilities that are Best-In-Class for analyzing and managing the operator business. Additionally, we now offer a more comprehensive set of tools for end-to-end automation of claims than any other technology in the market.
• Our team is growing, too. In line with our commitment to increase customer value through state of the art products and world class service, we welcomed 10 new employees in 2016. This includes Paul Cummings, Chief Technology Officer, and Jennifer Schiffman, Vice President of Marketing. The quality of the resources on our team and our expertise in both technology and the CPG industry continues to resonate with our customers as a critical point of difference.
Our mission remains the same; to deliver trade spend transparency and enable profitable decision-making for our customers. We look forward to working with you to deliver value in the year ahead!
President & CEO