Smoke Jumpers XVIII
Catch up with your peers and our team during #SJXVIII2019
• May 8-10, 2019 •
• W Chicago Lakeshore •
Smoke Jumpers is a share-group comprised of senior retail and foodservice personnel from top CPG companies.
Wednesday May 8
- Altitude Room, 33rd floor, W Chicago Lakeshore from 6p – 9p
- Food and drink provided
Thursday May 9
Meetings & Networking
- Meetings and meals will be held on the 6th floor, W Chicago Lakeshore
- Post-meeting networking event from 6p – 9p at Pinstripes
Friday May 10
- The Cubs take on the Brewers at 1:20p
- Must register in advance and present your photo ID
May 8 / Wednesday
May 9 / Thursday
May 10 / Friday
May 10 / Friday
6:00 pm -
Join us as we kick off the conference at the W Chicago Lakeshore on Wednesday evening. We’ll be taking up residence in the stunning Altitude Room on the 33rd floor. Come get to know all the new faces joining us for this year’s session. Food and drink will be provided.
7:30 am -
Breakfast will be served before the meeting on the 6th floor of the W Chicago Lakeshore, room: Industry I & II, 6th floor.
8:30 am -
We will kick off with a general session and keynote speakers on the 6th floor in Great Room I & II. Following lunch, we will split up for foodservice and retail-specific breakout sessions featuring speakers including Jack Li, Datassential / Mike Bruening, GENPACT / Julie Michel, Rich Products / Jason Berton, Mike Leiker and others from Blacksmith Applications & our customer manufacturers.
- Trends impacting the food and beverage industry and how your business can predict the next big thing with the right data.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning – past, present & future in the CPG retail channel. How manufacturers are making the most of evolving technology.
- How Rich Products upgraded systems to improve their deductions cloud. Learn what it takes to automate research and resolution of trade and non-trade deductions with FORGE and High Radius.
- Additional topics include distributor updates, hot topics from the Blacksmith Analytics Council and case studies from new and tenured Blacksmith (and T-Pro) customers.
4:15 pm -
Honor your peers at the annual Blacksmith Trade Excellence awards ceremony which celebrates exceptional trade management and optimization practices.
MC: Paul Wietecha
6:00 pm -
Head on over to Pinstripes for a round of bocce, a glass of wine on the patio and some all around good fun.
Location: 435 East Illinois Street Chicago 60611
1:20 pm -
Cubs Rooftop Event
Our annual customer appreciation event is taking place on Friday May 10th at the Wrigley Rooftops. When the Cubs take on the Brewers we’ll be perched at 3639 N Sheffield rooting them on.
Feel free to join us for this event even if you’re unable to attend the strategic conference. Your peers and coworkers are also welcome at the ballgame.
You must register in advance through the event registration link and be sure to have your photo ID with you for admission on game day.