Software Quality Assurance Intern
To apply for this role, please paste your resume into the ‘Anything Else We Need to Know’ section of our contact form. We will follow up with qualified candidates to learn more.
An immediate opening exists for a Computer Science student interested in gaining a deep understanding of Software Quality Assurance at Blacksmith Applications. We are a high tech company offering business process workflow products to the Consumer Packaged Goods industry via a SaaS delivery. The QA Intern will work part-time on specific projects at the company’s headquarter in Lawrence, MA. Working hours are flexible but we are planning for 15-20 hours/week at the office.
- Write, prioritize, review and execute test plans for a web application
- Report quality issues and suggest improvements based on end user’s point of view
- Work as a member of the scrum team including planning, estimating, and verifying user stories and acceptance criteria
- Effectively communicate status, metrics, and issues on a regular basis
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to identify, document, track and resolve quality issues
- Working towards a Computer Science Bachelor’s degree, preferably a junior or senior
- Good working knowledge of Windows operating system
- Ability to work 15-20 hrs a week in Lawrence, MA
Special Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
- Understand and experience in QA: helpful
- Competency in Microsoft Excel
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Basic understanding of software development
- Enthusiasm for creating great software
- Interest in quality assurance
- Ability to respectfully speak up on quality matters
- Basic understanding of good UI design with meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated, independent thinker with good troubleshooting skills
- Desire to learn and stay current with new technologies
- Nice to have: Ability to automate the testing process
Timeframe: This position is available immediately, will continue indefinitely and has significant potential to be expanded into a full time position for a successful candidate.